Keeping Collections offers site visits with repositories to provide individual collection assessments and targeted advice on specific matters of acquisition, management, outreach, and preservation. On-demand, personalized email and phone consultations will also be available. These services will be offered to any not-for-profit institutions in the New York City or Westchester County area working to preserve historical materials. Note that these are limited on-site assessments (generally half-day) leading to summary recommendation/planning/guidance documents with some phone and email follow-up available.
Possible services could include:
- Collection assessment and inventorying
- Metadata creation and management
- Preservation planning
- Dataset normalization and clean-up
- CMS, DAMS, or other systems advice
- Reformatting and format selection
- Equipment set-up, installation, and maintenance
- Audio-Visual management and digitization
- Storage and rehousing
- Disaster Planning
- Workflow development
- Quality control and batch processing
- Needs assessments and recommendations
Please fill out the below form and the Keeping Collections manager from Metropolitan New York Library Council will contact you directly.
NOTE: CONSULTATIONS ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD UNTIL THE NEXT YEARLY FUNDING CYCLE. Please use the below form and Keeping Collections staff will follow-up with you but actual on-site consultations may be delayed.