The AVCC Cataloging Toolkit is a set of guidelines and forms to help organizations catalog their audio, video, and film collections quickly and efficiently with the goal of creating a minimal dataset that will help uncover hidden collections and assist in preservation planning. The AVCC forms are currently in Google Docs and include forms with controlled fields for capturing data which feeds into a series of reports that quantify the collection for analysis and prioritization. Use the form below to request a copy of the Google Docs.
The forms are currently in Beta mode, and we will appreciate your feedback on use. In early 2014 we plan to develop the toolkit as a more robust web-based form and reporting system. If you have any questions, bug reports, or need technical help, please use the form below to contact Joshua Ranger at AVPreserve.
What’s In The Toolkit?
• Links to Forms (Use contact form below)
• User Guide
• Survey Format Guide (Under development)
• FileMaker Database (Under development)
Get Your Toolkit
1. Download the User Guide, Format Guide, and FileMaker Database, and use the form below to request a copy of the Google Doc Forms.
2. After receiving e-mail confirmation, use the link to go to Google Drive. Go to File>Make a Copy… to create a new Master form that you control. Re-name as you see fit. If you want to make new, unrelated Forms, follow the same procedure, though you will need to clear out the records that have been copied over to the new form.
3. Click on the Share button to send all catalogers a link to the newly copied and re-named Google Doc, along with any message.
AVCC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
AVCC ©2013 AudioVisual Preservation Solutions, Inc.